The rules for receiving this award:
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
My 11 random facts:
- I'm an only child, and the youngest of all my cousins on both sides.
- I have a serious phobia of birds and tornadoes. It's totally random and unwarranted, but the phobias have gotten a lot worse in recent years. It's gotten so bad that when I go out to lunch with my friends, we have to request indoor tables every time because I'm scared of the birds hanging around the tables outside.
- I have a really bad habit of procrastinating on just about everything. Readers of my blog have probably realized that by now, lol. In college, I used to put off assignments until the morning they were due regardless of whether they were one-page papers or 50-page reports.
- My favorite kind of alcohol is wine. I'll drink just about any kind, but sweet reds and moscatos are particularly close to my heart.
- In addition to wine, I love beer. Mostly dark beers like stouts or porters.
- I have a really bad addiction to Milky Ways at the moment. I'll buy a bag and finish them off within a couple of days. I'm hoping the obsession wears off soon because I'm trying to lose weight and chocolate is my only vice.
- People are going to hate me for this, but I'm one of the few drama watchers in the world who isn't obsessed with Lee Min-ho or My Name is Kim Sam-soon. The former I don't find attractive, and the latter I eventually dropped after trying to watch it on multiple occasions.
- I majored in Advertising when I was in college, but I eventually want to be a lawyer.
- My favorite K-actors are Kim Soo-hyun and Lee Dong-wook, both of whom also played my some of my favorite K-drama characters. As far as actresses go, I really enjoy watching Eugene even though she's not the best actress out there.
- I don't usually watch TW-dramas because, embarrassingly, the subtitles are always too fast for me and the dramas are always too long. I have a list of about 30 Taiwanese series I really want to watch, but finding the patience to watch them has been impossible.
- I had a dream about Jo In-sung the other night. He was my first love who'd disappeared, and when he came back he began living in my house but was tragically in love with my sister (who doesn't exist) who didn't love him back. In an attempt to get him to return my feelings, I became his stalker. -____-;
1. What is your favorite Asian drama, that you know isn't really all that good, but it doesn't even matter?
Haha, Secret Garden. That drama gave me so much grief when I first watched it because I was torn as to whether I should like it as much as I did. Eventually, I realized I shouldn't but that my affection for it had grown far too much by that time.
2. What drama character would you like to be best friends with (not romantically attached to)?
Kim Pil-sook from Dream High, or Cha Eun-gyul from To the Beautiful You. Pil-sook because... c'mon, she's Pil-sook, and she was probably a much better friend to Hye-mi than Baek-hee could ever be. Eun-gyul because he's Puppy and I will love him forever even if the drama that spawned him was awful.
3. Name a drama character that you most relate to (not who you wish you could be).
Either Sung Shi-won from Answer Me 1997, or Go Eun-chan from Coffee Prince. Probably Shi-won because, like her, I'm really bad at making decisions when it has to do with my Feelings and I'm horrible at expressing myself once I've made that decision. On the other hand, I'm a total guy like Eun-chan. I relate more to my guy friends than my girl friends, taking an interest in things like comic books, superheroes, and cars, and I can't put on makeup to save my life.
4. What is your favorite book that may have also had a huge impact on your life besides entertainment?
This'll sound really shallow because everyone always expects a fancy answer to questions like this, but I really have to say Harry Potter. The series made up a good chunk of my childhood and was the reason I became interested in writing to begin with. Without Harry and Hermione and Ron, I don't know that I'd even be writing this blog today.
5. What is your favorite non-Asian movie that also had an impact on your life?
I'm going to cheat a little bit here and pick an American movie about Asian people. Memoirs of a Geisha. My cousin mocks me for this all the time, but it's really one of my favorite movies of all time. It was the main reason I became interested in film and movies in general, and the cinematography and acting and everything in it is brilliant.
Questions by misscupcakees
1. What was your inspiration/motivation for starting up your blog?
2. What does drama blogging mean to you?
3. What is the most ludicrous drama scene that you have seen?
4. Who is your all-time favorite OTP and why?
5. If you could write up your own drama, what would the summarized plot be?
It would be about a woman who is a self-made millionaire who falls in love with her childhood best friend who's an aspiring artist. Only, he's the second lead. The first lead is a guy who is also rich and hates our protagonist, but even after he falls for her, she turns him down in favor of Mr. BFF Man. Not the most articulate plot, but you know get the jist.
- If there is one, what was the one drama you watched that you wish you could unwatch and why?
- Have you ever watched a drama more than once? If so, which one and how many times have you seen it?
- Are you a native Korean/Japanese/Mandarin speaker? If you're not, given the opportunity, would you seriously consider learning one of the aforementioned languages?
- Who is your singularly LEAST favorite drama character ever? Why?
- Who is your singularly LEAST favorite drama OTP ever? Why?